Email marketing has quickly become yet another essential tool for all types businesses both big and small. In this short article, I will be explaining exactly what it is and why your company should be using it.
Every email you send to your customers or prospective customers could be considered as email marketing. However what we are really referring to when we talk about email marketing is the process of sending the same email to many people at the same time and with the same purpose.
What is the purpose of email marketing?
The reasons companies send out emails varies from time to time but it is usually to achieve one or more from the list below:
- To encourage new customers to buy their products or services.
- In order to encourage previous customers to buy from them again
- To promote new products or services.
- As a way of building customer confidence and loyalty.
How the email looks and feels is entirely up to you and thankfully there are some great pieces of software to help you achieve a professional look.
Why should you use email marketing?
If you have never considered email marketing as an option for your business you are almost certainly missing an important trick. Here are 6 reasons why I think you should:
- It is a lot cheaper than sending out traditional mailshots and almost certainly a lot quicker.
- You can target exactly who receives the email.
- You can accurately track how effective your email marketing campaign has been.
- Emails can be easily individualised for each person.
- People check their emails very regularly.
- Did I mention it was very cheap meaning it is good for your bottom line?
The next big question is how do you set about doing it. Well, to be successful you will need three things:
- A list of email addresses to send these marketing emails to;
- A way of sending a large number of emails quickly;
- A great headline and content to put in your email.
Sadly because each one of these will require a lot of explanation I will have to deal with them in the next (far lengthier) articles.